Paloma is a prototype mobile application made with the sole purpose of making voice communication more accessible to people in third world countries where internet access is poor. The software behind the scenes to encode and send the audio is heavily optimised to work on 2G carrier signals. The UI is beautiful and everything is designed to be accessed within 2/3 swipes and/or clicks. This was a really fun project to work on and hopefully we will see it available for use very soon.
- Audio optimisation for slow network connections.
- Facebook integration, login and sharing.
- Group conversations.
- Swipe left and right on conversations to show further options (e.g. sharing with Facebook and history).
- Double tap to see participants in conversations.
- Recording and sending messages to friends.
- Push notifications.